To make website live from localhost

Need help installing Joomla! 2.5? For all Joomla! 2.5 installation issues please use this forum. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
iameml
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

To make website live from localhost

Postby iameml » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:38 am

Hello all....

I am looking for a support on uploading joomla file to server....I followed many tutorial and videos and i tried following two methods:
1) I installed joomla on server later on i overwrite the files from local host using FTP.
2) I directly transfer all localhost joomla files to the server using FTP without joomla installation https://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=r29ng6Pzn6o

on both times it went a blank page to the paga/admin page.....How can i do this properly??

Note: Joomla_3.4.3-Stable-Full_Package (INSTALLED ON SERVER)
PHP: 5.5
MySQL: 5.5
And the local host joomla in Joomla 2.5 - xampp 1.7.7

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: To make website live from localhost

Postby imanickam » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:19 am

Make sure that the technical requirements listed at http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html are met.

iameml wrote:on both times it went a blank page to the paga/admin page.....How can i do this properly??
Can you please explain what is happening?

What is your site's URL? This would help others to view what is happening.

Suggest reviewing the document https://docs.joomla.org/Copying_a_website_from_localhost_to_a_remote_host that would be of help. Even though the document mentions Joomla! 1.5, the steps are equally valid for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x as well.

Also, you could explore the possibility of using an extension such as Akeeba Backup (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/access-a-security/site-security/akeeba-backup) for this activity.

Note:
What version of Joomla! is being used? Joomla! 2.5 is no longer supported. The current version supported is Joomla! 3.4 and the latest release in this version is 3.4.3.

There is no need to install Joomla! on the host services for transferring/copying a Joomla! site.
- Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
http://www.eegan.org - helping the poor and underprivileged
educate. empower. enrich.
Support the poor and underprivileged

iameml
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby iameml » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:21 am

The basic joomla(3.4) which i installed is working fine....but when i overwrite my work(on J2.5) to server it shows entirely a blank white page on site page/admin page....

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby imanickam » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:05 am

Remove the files of Joomla! 2.5. Then try it. Also, it is not only enough that you copy the files. The database content also has to be changed. If possible, I would recommend using a different database. Create a new user, assign the user to the database and while doing so GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES to the user.

You can export the database content from your localhost environment using tools such as phpMyAdmin.

You can use phpMyAdmin to import the data at the host services.

Change Note: Changed the version specified from 3.4 to 2.5

iameml
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby iameml » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:14 am

Hello sir,
For test, i created a sub directory and i deploy my work to the folder using another DB,DBname,DBpassword.....still the problem exist. I have a doubt also that should i need to install joomla on server because while we'r shifting from one computer to another like localhost it doesn't need.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby imanickam » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:22 am

imanickam wrote:There is no need to install Joomla! on the host services for transferring/copying a Joomla! site.

iameml wrote:when i overwrite my work(on J2.5) to server it shows entirely a blank white page on site page/admin page....
Whatever be the destination directory, from that directory remove all the files including sub-directories. After making sure that the destination directory does not contain any file or sub-directory, copy the files.

Also, make sure that the tmp and log directory/folder names are correct in the file configuration.php.

Potus001
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Postby Potus001 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:44 am

Have you tried using Akeeba, as Ilagnayeru suggested, as it makes life very simple for you.

I use it all the time for backing up and restoring from & to localhost and live server.

iameml
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby iameml » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:46 am

As per you guide me, i done it. Finally got basic J2.5 front end (which is not exactly i want) and backend also. But when i try to login it shows error 500 and when i correct the log like /hone/wwwroot/site\tmp and \log now i cannot enter in to it. it shows 'username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.' :(

iameml
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby iameml » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:02 am

Hello Potus001,

Not yet....but i think i have to...

iameml
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby iameml » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:10 am

Hello all,

Finally i successfully uploaded my site using akeeba backup and restore tool.....Thankyou Potus001. Thankyou imanickam for immediate response and help.

But now i am facing with sitename/index.php problem...how to login directly to sitename or remove index.php??
i tried htaccess rename and url rewriting in global configuration.

How i can do that properly ?

Potus001
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Postby Potus001 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:22 am

Stating the obvious, you usually login stating www.sitename.com/administrator

Are you using a subdomain? Can you explain how you are trying to login?

iameml
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby iameml » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:42 am

Not actualy....i want to login www.domain.com/sitename/administrator but i am getting login page from www.domain.com/sitename/administrator/index.php only. Same thing happening for site page www.domain.com/sitename/index.php instead of www.domain.com/sitename.

i created a folder named sitename which i want to login...

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”