Joomla Update! taking extreamly long time, still not done.

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Nap
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joomla Update! taking extreamly long time, still not done.

Post by Nap » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:01 pm

I'm upgrading from v2.5.6 to v3.4.8, and used the 'Short Term Support' option. The URL was updated for the selected source and I started the update.
It's been running now for over half an hour (the spinning wheel just keeps spinning) and there has been no progress in the status bar below.

I've checked that the necessary file (Joomla_3.4.8-Stable-Update_Package.zip) was downloaded, and it's in the /tmp folder, all 9MB.

I opened another window and logged into the admin area, and I see a notification that 3.4.8 is available, so my earlier update hasn't been enacted.

I have Akeeba Backup installed, and though the Extension Manager says I have 4.5.1 installed, the Akeeba screen tells me "An updated version of Akeeba Backup (4.5.1) is available for installation." and shows me a button to install it. Strange.

(I had previously tried to upgrade to 2.5.28 but the same thing happened. So I also have the file 'Joomla_2.5.x_to_2.5.28-Stable-Patch_Package.zip' in the /tmp folder as well.)

I'm lost as to what to do as there is not indication of activity or progress. Is this normal? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Nap
"Life is like arriving late to a movie"

Nap
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Joomla Update! taking extreamly long time, still not don

Post by Nap » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:35 am

A day later and it's still spinning.
I think I'm going to install a fresh 3.4.8.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:34 pm

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=710&t=793171

Will make sure your mini-migration will work

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Nap
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Nap » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks Leo! Didn't find it soon enough.

In my case, doing a fresh install was fine as I didn't have any configuration data in the older version. But I'm sure this will be useful for others.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”