web installer joomla 2.5 and iis

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
moffl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

web installer joomla 2.5 and iis

Post by moffl » Sun May 13, 2012 12:15 am

Hello:

Well I have searched read and searched even more for the last 3 days but still cant find the issue. I have probably seen it many times nut here it goes.

Trying to install joomla 2.5.4 on a server 2003 with IIS and php 5.3.13 and mysql 5.5.24

At first the configuration file was not writable so i gave read and write permissions to IUSR and this allowed me to proceed as far as the database entry page.

I installed phpmyadmin and saw that my database had been installed but was totally empty tried a few more time would not let me populate so i deleted the database i had created and created a new one. Then i restarted IIS and this allowed me to enter the information to get past database and then to FTP configuration.

I cannot get past this step it is set at no and that is the way it is supposed to be but nothing happens when i click next pretty well every one has full rights at this point

any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: web installer joomla 2.5 and iis

Post by humvee » Sun May 13, 2012 7:26 am

Server 2003 comes with IIS6 which does not meet with the Technical Requirements for Joomla! 2.5. This is because Joomla! is not developed for not tested on IIS6 but IIS7 and later.
It may still work but there can be issues that you will need to resolve, and are not supported, as you have discovered.
Note that this post has been moved to the IIS Installation forum which had your extensive search been ... you would have seen, and got more information from, a lot earlier.

You might want to take a look at Zend Server CE as this MIGHT assist you with configuration issues, if not it will help you install Apache instead!

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”