Portable system?

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
greene162
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Portable system?

Post by greene162 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:17 pm

I need to build a site for this association, but demonstrate it to folks first. Is it possible to make a portable system?
I have a spare 1TB drive I put into a portable housing, that I put Ubuntu onto, as a dual boot w/ my windows on my laptop.
Can I just install PHP and MySQL on it and hand it to them when I'm done and say just load this up and you'll see the site.

Thanks

do_pal
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Portable system?

Post by do_pal » Fri May 25, 2012 7:26 pm

hi! i think you want to make website in computer and then make backup and put that backup in the cpanel to make it live? if so, then you should install xampp server which is localhost then make joomla website in it and then make its backup by using akeeba backup component.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Portable system?

Post by humvee » Sat May 26, 2012 4:37 pm

XAMPP comes in a Lite version for just the specific purpose of installing it onto a USB stick http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#646.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”