Getting - Fatal error: Class 'JCacheStorage' not found in

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
glennlawr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Getting - Fatal error: Class 'JCacheStorage' not found in

Post by glennlawr » Tue May 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Hey guys,

I have a farily new install of Joomla! 2.5 and was trying to install a plugin tonight. I was trying to install using the option to upload my plugin and point the Extension manager to the directory. After selecting to install I got the below error and now cannot do anything else on my site.

Fatal error: Class 'JCacheStorage' not found in D:\Domains\domain.com\wwwroot\joom\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 440

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? I have tried uploading the original cache.php from the install files, but this does not help. I really don't want to have to start over again as I have put a bit of work into this site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers,

Glenn
Last edited by humvee on Thu May 31, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked Resolved

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Getting - Fatal error: Class 'JCacheStorage' not found i

Post by humvee » Wed May 30, 2012 8:56 am

I assume from the directory indication that you are trying to install on a Windows based server possibly with IIS?
It is really important when you post your queries that you give as much information as you can.

Please run the Forum Post Assistant to provide the information to help us resolve the issue.

What was the plugin?
Which version of Joomla 2.5.x?

You should learn the importance of taking regular backups of your site and database so that you can always step back easily (oh wait you have just learnt that lesson... and hopefully not the hardest way!) certainly before any major changes to your site such as adding any extensions, including Templates, before running any core updates, and on a regular maintenance basis as well.

glennlawr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by glennlawr » Wed May 30, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks for your reply humvee,

I have run the tool on my site and attached the output in the .txt file attached.

You are correct, it is an IIS6 server. I am running joomla 2.5.2 and the plug was the jat3 framework plugin for joomla 2.5, located. I used the quickstart plugin.

Thanks...

[Mod Note: Deleted attached FPA file and link - this is not what the FPA instructions tell you to do. There is a link you create that outputs the information for you to simply copy and paste straight into the forum post.]
Last edited by humvee on Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted external link for FPA

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Wed May 30, 2012 11:12 am

Well there we go then - had you posted in the IIS forum you would hopefully have seen the first post stickied, and in that it tells you that IIS6 is not compliant with the minimum requirements of Joomla!

Not only that but you are already two versions of Joomla behind as far as security and bug fixes are concerned - current version being 2.5.4.

glennlawr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by glennlawr » Wed May 30, 2012 11:37 am

I checked the requirements with my webhost and they advised that IIS6 will run joomla 2.5.

They said "IIS6 will run 1.7 so not sure why it states the minimum is IIS7 (maybe because there's a rewrite engine in IIS7 and not 6, not a problem as Helicon Rewrite 3 adds that functionality so can have clean url's)"

I take it this applies to 2.5 also as the requirements are the same.

But if you think this is what is causing my issues then maybe I will just have to start again :(

Thanks for your help anyway...

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Wed May 30, 2012 6:49 pm

As I state in my covering notes it may work but any issues are not resolved here as the IIS6 set up is not tested or supported by Joomla.

I guess you could try uploading the Joomla files to the server again and (obviously do not include the installation/ directory as reinstalling Joomla is the last thing you want to do at the moment) and just overwrite the existing files to see if it is just a "simple" file corruption that has occurred but there is no guarantee that this is the case..

You might get lucky...but then again...well!

PS don't use Windows own archive manager or ftp clients to unarchive/transfer the files, use something like 7-Zip and WinSCP.

glennlawr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by glennlawr » Thu May 31, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks anyway humvee, but I had already started over again!

That probably would have been the logical way to go and I should have thought of that, but I have actually just started from scratch again. Thankfully I had not completed the site, although I had put a bit of work into it :(

I'll remember that for the next time though, god forbid it happens again!

Thanks for your advice...

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”