WAMP/ Jommla 2.5 Installer feezes on DB details screen & iis

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
scousejohno
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

WAMP/ Jommla 2.5 Installer feezes on DB details screen & iis

Post by scousejohno » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:13 am

Hi,

I just noticed it is possible to install joomla onto a win 2008 server with iis. So a question or two about that and then to my problem.

If Joomla can work in tandem with IIS, does that mean i would have to install PHP as a stand alone and furthermore can i utilise MSSQL also? Is this type of installation problematic as i will be looking to use Joomla for an Intranet with AD integration, this will be my third Intranet roll out with Joomla :)

With the IIS stuff aside, i am currently trying to install on top of wamp server which is hosted on ahyper v 2008 rs set up. The database is created and all credentials are correct and as expected. However after inserting the details onto the DB requirements installation page, the next button is completely unresponsive. We have checked persmissions etc across folders, but we cannot progress past the DB installation page.

Is this a common problem, could somebody point me in the right direction to resolve this issue please.
Last edited by humvee on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked Resolved

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: WAMP/ Jommla 2.5 Installer feezes on DB details screen &

Post by humvee » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:58 am

Support for this is currently still minimal however http://www.microsoft.com/web/joomla using Web Matrix will help or there is Microsoft Azure. There is plenty of documentation at M$ for this together with dedicated support that you are not likely to match here at the moment.

Basically IIS7 and above and (with 2.5.x) MSSQL are supported.

If installing on a localhost stack such as WAMPServer2 then you need to enter the following information:
Username = root
Password = blank (leave it empty; UNLESS you have changed the security settings during the installation of the stack)
Database Name = (just enter a logical name that relates to the name of the site you are creating)
Host = localhost
  • Passwords and names must be upper and lower case and numbers,
  • Only underscores and hyphens allowed - no other special characters.
  • No spaces allowed.
  • Start names and passwords with a letter.
  • All are case sensitive.
  • Prefix must end with an underscore.
[Mod Note: Please note for future reference, asking two distinct questions like this is best handled in two topics to avoid issues/confusion, especially as one part belongs here and the other in the main Installation forum. Thank you.]

scousejohno
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by scousejohno » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks for the informative response Humvee, it is much appreciated.

Also noted your suggestion for future posts, cheers!

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm

scousejohno wrote:Thanks for the informative response Humvee, it is much appreciated.

Also noted your suggestion for future posts, cheers!
Not a problem glad it seems to have worked out - given your other post.
Marked as resolved.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”