Problems installing Joomla 2.5 on IIS 7

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bbeller1965
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Problems installing Joomla 2.5 on IIS 7

Post by bbeller1965 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:56 pm

When I try to install Joomla 2.5 with the Web platform installer I get an error saying the following products have failed to install.

Windows Cache Extension 1.1 for PHP 5.3 "Download file failed signature verification and may have been tampered with.
Joomla! 2.5 "This prodcut cannot be installed because a product that it depends on did not install uccessfully.

I manually installed Joomla 2.5 and I get the following errors:
When trying to chang global configuration settings: "Could not save data. Error: Could not write to the configuration file" When trying to install templates or extensions: "Warning: Failed to move file!"

I was able to find the installer for Windows Cache Extension 1.1 for PHP 5.3 however when I run it the installer asks what directory to extract the files to and I have no clue. Does any on know if how to manually install Windows Cache Extension 1.1 for PHP 5.3 or change the installer location in the Web Platform Installer

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Problems installing Joomla 2.5 on IIS 7

Post by humvee » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Have you tried following any of the support documentation/videos on the Microsoft site for this in respect of their installer? that is not a Joomla issue.
If you have installed Joomla on the site and getting the errors you state then there is a problem with the way that IMP ( IIS / MySQL / PHP) have been installed/configured together.
Please run the Forum Post Assistant to provide the information to help us try and resolve the issue.
Please follow the instructions in the post and the program pack closely

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”