Intranet Install/Active Directory credentials for users

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
feltnerk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Intranet Install/Active Directory credentials for users

Post by feltnerk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:56 pm

I am new to Joomla and I want to set it up for my intranet at work on my Windows Server.
I also need to use Active Directory credentials for my users. Anyone know if this is possible and if there is any documentation on this?

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Intranet Install/Active Directory credentials for users

Post by humvee » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:23 pm

[Mod note: Moved from Installation Forum to IIS Installation Forum;]
Hi
Your best bet is to look at the first post in this forum for where to get advice/how to proceed. It is unfortunately safe to say that IIS/MSSQL/PHP server use for Joomla is minimally documented however.

I have seen others mention active directory but I am not aware of any Joomla specific documentation for its use. Certainly it has not yet become mainstream enough that there are documenters available for it! There is currently only one Joomla Extension, that I could find, that handles this specifically http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ased/18108 .

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Intranet Install/Active Directory credentials for users

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Enable and configure the LDAP Authentication Plugin to authenticate user against MAD.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”