migrating from GoDaddy

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tjd2112
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

migrating from GoDaddy

Post by tjd2112 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Hello All,
I am attempting to get a Joomla site running that was exported from GoDaddy. It is now running on an IIS 7.5 server running PHP 5.4.4 and MySQL 5.5. The db was dumped to a .sql file and I imported it into a new db on the IIS server and changed the configuration.php file to point to the new location. Now the administrator page does not work and when you browse to the root, it only shows a Home link which leads to an empty Joomla subfolder. What did I do wrong?

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: migrating from GoDaddy

Post by humvee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:45 am

[Mod note: Moved from Upgrade Forum to IIS Installation Forum;]
Please run the Forum Post Assistant to provide the information to help us try and resolve the issue.
Please follow the instructions in the post and the program pack closely

cmdlinegeek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cmdlinegeek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm

I did exactly the same using akeeba backup and akeeba kickstart. Worked great.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:35 pm

cmdlinegeek wrote:I did exactly the same using akeeba backup and akeeba kickstart. Worked great.
Which, with respect, does not help the original poster in any way whatsoever as it depends entirely on how the server is configured which is currently what we are trying to establish!

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”