joomla administrator

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
saryal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

joomla administrator

Post by saryal » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:17 pm

I have recently installed joomla 2.5 on IIS 6.1. I want to access joomla admin page. How to do that

thanks for any help

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: joomla administrator

Post by imanickam » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:45 am

You could access your site's administrator page by typing your-site-url/administrator in the browser's address bar.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

saryal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by saryal » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:33 pm

imanickam wrote:You could access your site's administrator page by typing your-site-url/administrator in the browser's address bar.
I have installed it on my local computer. I did localhost/administrator and i received 404 error

error message:

"HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:46 pm

I notice that as per the Technical Requirements (http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html), for Joomla! 2.5.x, the minimum requirement is IIS7.

I believe that you are using IIS6.

What happens when you type localhost in the browser's address bar?
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

saryal
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by saryal » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:52 pm

I have changed the default directory of IIS to host my website. That is before I installed Joomla. when I type localhost my webpage appears. Now after installing joomla i bring back the default directory of IIS. My default directory now is c:/inetpub. when I type localhost I receive the error 404.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 am

And you ignore the advice given above:

IIS 6 is not supported by Joomla 2.5.x the minimum technical requirements of Joomla 2.5.x state that IIS7 or above is required

Suggest you disable IIS6 server, and uninstall MySQL and PHP on your computer and install a localhost AMP stack set such as WampServer 2 or XAMPP instead.
Alternatively, you could try installing an Apache web server instead of IIS and configure it to work with your existing MySQL and PHP installations.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”