Mysql port:

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
J3DI13
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Mysql port:

Post by J3DI13 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Hello all
My client has 2 IIS servers running with plesk:
  • Server 1 has Mysql 4+
  • Server 2 has Mysql 5 latest version

unfortunately they have geared up Server 1 to host the website but it wont work as its Joomla 2.5 and seeing as Joomla reads port:3306 default i was wondering if there is a way to change the mysql port number to read a different port say 3307 ? Or would it be better for them to update Server 1 to version 5+ ?

Your advice & help will be greatly appreciated.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Mysql port:

Post by humvee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 am

Simply add the port number to the end of the host address, for example: localhost:3307.

Just make sure that the port number you allocate the MySQL server is not used by any other processes on the Windows server. Somewhere in the range 1024 to 65535 I believe is appropriate!

It is also possible to run two instances of MySQL on one server http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ ... rvers.html is the manual page for MySQL 5.1. Just change 5.1 in the URL to the version of MySQL you are using (if different) to see the correct manual page for that version.

As a separate subtext MySQL 4 is now very out of date and should be phased out anyway - unless there are programs that are equally out of date that depend on it!

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”