index.php cannot be recognized with lowercase I

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sacdallago
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

index.php cannot be recognized with lowercase I

Post by sacdallago » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to re-open this post, but the fix didn't work for me!

I have exactly the same problem described here. I figured out that it's just a missmaching of upper and under-case letters.

If I navigate to my site with the "Search Engine Friendly URLs" turned "on" it will not find the index.php file, since it will be looking for the Index.php file (note the first "i" is upper case).
If I just rename the "index.php" file inside my httpdocs folder to "Index.php" the page would display flawlessly, with one big problem: Whenever I open a link it would "link it" to something like "<domain>/index.php/news" which is obviously wrong, since I need the URL to contain "Index.php", upper-case...

Any suggestions?

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: index.php cannot be recognized with lowercase I

Post by humvee » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 pm

[Mod Note: Split this topic into a separate thread. Please do not hijack someone else's thread! Please see forum rules for details on how to post to these forums]

Please run the Forum Post Assistant to provide the information to help us try and resolve the issue.
Please follow the instructions in the post and the program pack closely.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”