Trouble installing

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Dayna Bedrosian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Trouble installing

Post by Dayna Bedrosian » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:38 pm

I am trying to install Joomla for the first time on a Server that I have. It looks like it setsup fine and then it gives me an error message. Here is the log. http://pastebin.com/L5vq2RL6

Also I am running Apache, MySQL and PHP on a program called Wamp that we have running on a second server. I would appreciate any help with this.

Dayna Bedrosian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Trouble installing

Post by Dayna Bedrosian » Wed May 01, 2013 4:53 pm

I tried again and still had the same problem. So still lost and not sure what to do.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Do you have IIS 7 or higher?

Dayna Bedrosian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Dayna Bedrosian » Wed May 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Yes I have the most current version of IIS 7

Dayna Bedrosian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Dayna Bedrosian » Thu May 02, 2013 11:33 am

Not sure if this helps, but the address I am trying to set it up on is http://www.ufgqgrid.org

Dayna Bedrosian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Dayna Bedrosian » Tue May 28, 2013 7:17 pm

I was able to get the the Install page and ran into an issue. I put in the Host Name which i'm guessing is the IP address for SQL. I tried the outside static IP address alone and with :3306 and no go. I tried the domain and nothing. I tried the local network IP for the MySQL server and again nothing. I get the same message below. I have SQL setup and running on a different server and it doesn't seem to want to connect to it.

Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Unable to connect to the Database: Could not connect to MySQL.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”