WPI Joomla 2.5 cannot find MSSQL

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mcmurray
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

WPI Joomla 2.5 cannot find MSSQL

Post by mcmurray » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 am

Hi, I have successfully installed Joomla many times in the past, but in this case the environment is:
Win Server 2008 R2
MS SQL 2008 R2 (10.50.1600.1)
IIS 7.5
PHP 5.3.24

While using the Windows Platform Installer 4.5 to install Joomla 2.5, it installs prerequisites, but for some reason it cannot find MS SQL attempts do download and install it.
MS SQL is working and being used for other sites.

As an alternative I tried manually installing via the zip package and using the Joomla web interface, the pre-check passes all fields, but when attempting to connect to the DB, it always fails with JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_CONNECT_SQLSRV

I am tried every possible manners of usernames/passwords, creating and removing new DBs, etc.

I have spent a couple hours trying to resolve this myself, but to no avail.
Some help would be greatly greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: WPI Joomla 2.5 cannot find MSSQL

Post by mcsmom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:55 pm

This is an issue with the WPI whcih isa microsoft product not a Joomla product. I too would love to see this resolved.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”