Help Need in converting the .htaccess to web.config

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
poojaambre
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Help Need in converting the .htaccess to web.config

Post by poojaambre » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Hello All,

I have migrated Joomla from an Apache server to IIS server using Akeeba. Migration went smooth and also I am able to login to the site however none of the links are working.

It seems to be a redirection issue and I need to setup my web.config files correctly. I tried to import all the rewrite rules from my .htaccess file in to IIS via IIS manager but I am getting errors )as mentioned below and unable to proceed.

Here are the three error I am seeing:
- this directive was not converted because it is not supported by iis rewritebase
- this rule was not converted because only some of the conditions are using the or flag
- the rule set cannot be converted into an equivalent iis format

Please find my .htaccess file attached and advise accordingly. Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Help Need in converting the .htaccess to web.config

Post by ranwilli » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Don't HACK the Joomla! core. Extend and Override.
Stay ON the update path.
http://harpervance.com

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”