Experiencing 500 - Internal server error

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
kulot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Experiencing 500 - Internal server error

Post by kulot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:39 am

Hello,

I need help, I am experiencing 500 - Internal server error to my joomla 2.5 website that is install in Windows server 2012 IIS8

It will work after restarting the wep app from IIS panel for one day, and then it go back to 500 - Internal server error again, so I need to restart the IIS or the server again.

Other folder in the htdocs like /images can be open when accessing through website.com/images but website.com return 500 - Internal server error

Please help

gexton71
I've been banned!

Re: Experiencing 500 - Internal server error

Post by gexton71 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:17 am

When Google services, like Gmail or Google+, are experiencing a 500 Internal Server Error, they often report a Temporary Error (500).
Cause of HTTP 500 Errors

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.

Most of the time, "gone wrong" means an issue with the page or site's programming, nothing you have anything to do with.

Note: More specific information about the cause of a particular HTTP 500 error is often provided when it occurs on a server using Microsoft IIS software. Look for numbers after 500 as in HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error which means Configuration data is invalid. You can see a complete list

kulot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kulot » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:14 pm

From where I can see those error logs?

The problem occurs intermittently, every afternoon i have to restart IIS and the server itself, when i encountered the error, restarting the IIS only will be bring the site online

kulot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kulot » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:50 am

Last Saturday at 12:00PM we experienced downtime, during weekdays, we have to restart the server everyday and no downtime is being experienced.

Unfortunately, today, without restarting for the past 36Hours the error comes up again at the same time of the day 12:00PM, when my joomla website is down, the phpmyadmin which is a separate application but the same server is also down.

I have to restart the IIS again to make the website running.

Any idea?

iextensions
I've been banned!

Post by iextensions » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:40 pm

I think you should check your IIS server's config?

londonskincare
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by londonskincare » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Had same problem, you should contact your host and see the log

kulot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kulot » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:53 pm

iextensions wrote:I think you should check your IIS server's config?
Kindly point me to where I can start checking? The website if running fine for the past two months since it was converted to Joomla. Any idea of which i miss in the IIS config?

kulot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kulot » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:54 pm

londonskincare wrote:Had same problem, you should contact your host and see the log
We have our own server. Did you manage to fix the problem?

kulot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kulot » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:46 am

Hello guys,

The problem went off when I turned off the recycling option from my Default App Pool settings, but just today, I experienced the same problem.

The internal server error is on and off, meaning the connection to the website is fluctuating.

I managed to get into the admin area and fix permission using Admin tools, view the website but after some tries, still the internal server error appears

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”