-1 - Copy failed Error

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mjcallsr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

-1 - Copy failed Error

Post by mjcallsr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Putting this here so maybe to help someone else. Was having an issue installing an extension to my joomla install (Server 2012, IIS7) and kept getting time out in IE. Enabled error reporting and got ' -1 Copy failed.' A search thru google found a lot of people having the message but no real answers. The suggestions regarding setting permissions didn't apply as my settings currently in IIS are set wide open. After more searching stumbled on site where blogger showed how to get more info by modifying /libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php and adding $dfid to the error message (see lines around 104 and 142). I also added $sfid. Can't have too much info. What returned was an issue with windows thumbs.db file. I tried suggestions I found to disable thumbs with no luck. Finally found info on how to disable thumbs creation in gpedit.msc (instructions were for Svr2008 but worked just fine for Svr2012). Emptied the temp folder and then retried installing extension. Success!

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”