Unpublished Article still accessible

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 2.5 (All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5.) on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
shailesh12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Unpublished Article still accessible

Post by shailesh12 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi Team Joomal,

System Configuration : Joomla! 2.5.8
Web Server : Microsoft-IIS/8.0
PHP : 5.3.24
Accessing application in IE 9

We have an application running on Joomla.
Further, we have found a typical issue, when we unpublished any of the article, we expect it not to be accessible by anyone from the front end application.

However, we found the link still being active and content of the article is accessible to everyone.

Can you please suggest what is worng in our application and how to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

Regards,
Shailesh

shailesh12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Unpublished Article still accessible

Post by shailesh12 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:28 am

Hi Team Joomla,

We have raised this issue few days back and I am still awaiting reply and any help in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Regards,
Shailesh

shailesh12
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shailesh12 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:04 am

Hi Team Joomla,

This query has been raised with the Joomla team 2 weeks back, I am not sure if this message is being left to be answered finding it irrelevant or so.
Also, if this question is too premature to be asked in the forum I am really sorry as I am fairly new to Joomla.
Please reply and help me in overcoming the issue.

Thanks,
Regards,
Shailesh

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:59 am

Make sure you are not logged in to the frontend as a user with higher preveledges. They can see the article in order to be able republish it. If you examine the html code, you will see that it have a class added. With proper css in your template, there can be a red border around them do they stand out.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 on IIS webserver”