Login Redirect not working on menu item type - Login Form

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
gilliancowe
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Login Redirect not working on menu item type - Login Form

Post by gilliancowe » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Joomla 1.7.3

Hi,

I have a MENU ITEM TYPE: Login Form. When I try to set a 'Login Redirect' in the Basic Options nothing happens. When the user logs in they are presented with the user profile which isn't what I want.

I have tried searching the forum but I keep getting an error today, I have also searched the web and can only find solutions which require changing the source code which I hope I don't need to do.

Screenshot attached of my menu item attached.

Can anyone tell me how to get the redirect to work?

Thanks,

Gillian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bongobongo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Login Redirect not working on menu item type - Login For

Post by bongobongo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:45 am

Hi

I had the same problem.
And the cause and way to fix it was pretty weird...

Take a look at my thread here (in the first post):
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=624&t=699706

gilliancowe
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by gilliancowe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:09 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but it's not the Login Module that is causing me problems it's the Menu Item Type > Login Form. It should in theory work in the same way as the Login Module but the login redirect just won't work for me. I was using the Menu Item Type > Login Form to create a hidden login.

In the meantime I have found a work-around by creating an article with the Login Module in it then pointing my Hidden Menu to the article. Works fine this way and redirects properly.

Gillian

bluebeach
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bluebeach » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:00 am

I have tried both suggestions. Currently this is a module inserted how gilliancowe suggested http://files.nicholsonhawaii.com/login-nicholson.html

username: nicholson
password: nicholson

This is still trying to use a different login page! Help

bluebeach
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bluebeach » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:19 pm

The no access is caused by joomla trying to login using the wrong login page. The url at the top is right but as you can see after a unsuccessful login the url is incorrect. The reason I have different login pages is that so different clients are properly redirect to the page they have access to.

gilliancowe
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by gilliancowe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Here are the steps I used to create a working login with redirect.

1. Create a Login module, but don't use one of the template positions for the module type mylogin in the module position field. The Login module allows you to choose the redirect page from a drop down, so it's easy you don't need to work out the URL of the page. Select the page you want to redirect to. Publish module to all pages.

2. Create an article called Login, in the content area put {loadposition mylogin}.

3. Create a menu item pointing to your article. When the user clicks the menu item they will see a login form.

4. When they login they will be redirected to your chosen page.

As you have different users you could create a menu item for each login, each containing a different module. You would need to use mylogin1, mylogin2 etc.

I did pm you bluebeach with an offer of help but not sure if you got it.

Gillian

bluebeach
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bluebeach » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 pm

I found out you cannot cause Joomla has some off the wall issue. This is why I do not use Joomla 2.5 until they fix all the issues.

Here is the module that worked wonderfully. Cumbersome to setup.
UserLoginRedirectHomePage

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”