Cannot delete/change Super User with ID 62

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Damiao
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Cannot delete/change Super User with ID 62

Post by Damiao » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:11 am

Joomla! 2.5.28, I have 2 superuser accounts, one with ID 62, one with ID 63. Can login only with user with ID 63, as I lost the pass for the default user(ID 62). No matter what I do or change in Account details for user with ID 62 it keeps resetting it's info. Can't change username, can't change password (yup, tried with phpmyadmin also, same thing - keeps going back to it's original pass), can't change email. The only thing I can change is Assigned User Group, so I changed it to Public. It's like the account is set to read-only somewhere... Any ideas?

danrussell
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Cannot delete/change Super User with ID 62

Post by danrussell » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi :),

If you wish to remove the user ID 62, then just go to PHPmyadmin >> jos_users >> and delete the table for that userID.

Damiao
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Damiao » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:06 pm

Hello! :D
As I said, I tried couple of things with PHPmyadmin but to no avail. The solution you suggest led to creation of phantom superusers (5 or 6 of them) with different IDs but same username and pass as the user on ID 62. Their deletion creates more of the same phantom superusers, and so on... Weird or what? The site is functioning fine, ie it has been checked for viruses and it is clean.

goudawebdesign
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by goudawebdesign » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello all,

I am experiencing the same problem. Any has a solution to this?

kind regards,
René

Chicolondres
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Chicolondres » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:09 pm

The best way to do this is to create a new user and then change the id to the one that in the database. Basic MySQL knowledge is necessary, but don't be scared - if I can do it anyone can. This is the most reliable method in my opinion. Otherwise you run into problems. Here's one link of various floating about.

http://joomla.stackexchange.com/a/13634
-Create a new user via the Joomla User Manager (admin backend).
-Open your database manager such as PhpMyAdmin
-Go to the #__users table and search for the ID of the user you just created
-Change the ID for this user to 16635
-Go to the #__user_usergroup_map table
-Search for the user_id that matches the ID of the user you created before
-Change this also to 16635
Hint: you can invent non-existent email addresses etc. I have ghost for everything eg. user: ghost, ghost2 etc. and email ghost@ghost.ghost, ghost2@ghost2.ghost2 etc.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”