Change article type

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Lars SV
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Change article type

Post by Lars SV » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi

I have an 2.5.28 Joomla running, is there any way to choose or make a setting so all new articles will be in blog mode?

And what about the existing articles, is there a way to "convert" them to the blog layout?

Thanks.

Regards
Lars

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Change article type

Post by sozzled » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:19 pm

Blog layout (even in an old, unsupported version of Joomla such as J! 2.5.28) relates to the menu item. In the menu item settings you can define a category to be displayed in blog layout.

If you want all new articles to be displayed in blog layout, put those articles in the category used by the menu item. The same thing applies to existing articles; in other words, to "convert" existing articles to be displayed in blog layout, move the articles to the same category used by the menu item that you've associated with a blog display.

Does that help?

*** Off topic ***

It would be a great idea if you migrated your website to J! 3.6.5 as soon as possible.

*** End off topic ***
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
I need your help to help reduce spam at the Joomla forum. You can help with your ideas, questions and opinions at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=974006. Together we can make a difference :)

Lars SV
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lars SV » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:12 am

Thanks for your answer.

I have look for the settings you mentioned but I can't find it. It's the same for the arhticle settings, I have fundet something in the settings but not sure it's the correct, I'll makeup a screendump later today, maybe it's easier that way :).

Yes I know the version is not the Best but Therese is some extensions witch can't bedste replaced, so I looking for some replaced end for this so I can get it upgraded. :)

Regards
Lars

Lars SV
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lars SV » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi again

Is it this setting you mean?

According the setting for put menu items in a category, this setting can't I find, maybe I'm looking the wrong place :'(

Regards
Lars

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Lars SV wrote:Yes I know [J! 2.5.28] is not the best but [there are] some extensions that can't be replaced ...
Sorry, Lars, but without knowing which specific extension(s) your may be referring to, nothing is irreplaceable; however, the cost of replacing those "irreplaceable" extensions you're using (with versions that are compatible with J! 3.6.5) is something only you can decide.

Ultimately, people who continue to use J! 2.5.x face an ever-present risk that their website businesses will collapse and fail. That's just stating a fact. It's your website and it's entirely up to you if you continue to use "not the best" (as you described it). By not using "the best" it makes it difficult to obtain support when you have problems, right?

I do not have a test site built with J! 2.5.28 but, from memory, the settings you are looking for should be found in the menu item that you're currently using to display the articles (in blog layout). See https://docs.joomla.org/Help25:Menus_Me ... egory_Blog for more information.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
I need your help to help reduce spam at the Joomla forum. You can help with your ideas, questions and opinions at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=974006. Together we can make a difference :)

Lars SV
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lars SV » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Thanks, I think I found what I was looking for :)

You are absolutely right, I working on a solution to upgrade the site, I have another site running 3.6 and know the difference and there is now doubt about that it shall be upgraded to this.

Regards
Lars

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”