moving site files

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lillianfidler
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

moving site files

Post by lillianfidler » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi:

I just unpacked a joomla site using akeeba kickstart and I put it into a subfolder under the domain. The site works fine when I go to the domain/subfolder. However, when I move the files to the main directory, I'm getting the following errors. I've done this many times without a hitch but I can't figure this one out.

Warning: require_once(/home/content/18/10085518/html/sjnfctest/includes/defines.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/18/10085518/html/sjnfctest/index.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/18/10085518/html/sjnfctest/includes/defines.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/18/10085518/html/sjnfctest/index.php on line 18

temp site is sjnfc.com/sjnfctest

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: moving site files

Post by toivo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:12 pm

As the error warning and the PHP fatal error say, the file includes/defines.php is missing or corrupt. You can copy it from the subfolder or locate it from the installation archive of the same version of Joomla you have and copy it to main directory.

I have moved this topic to the correct forum because your site is still running Joomla 2.5. Not recommended and you should plan to migrate to a supported version, 3.6.5.

There is plenty of documentation about the update especially at the Migrating and Upgrading to 3.x forum at viewforum.php?f=710
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”