Can't log in to FTP or /administrator panel after .htaccess redirect

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cci84
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't log in to FTP or /administrator panel after .htaccess redirect

Post by cci84 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:08 am

So I had a website that was indexing www and non www versions of every page. I tried to fix it in Joomla and here's what happened:
  • In Joomla admin tools' .htaccess maker (via Akeeba), I chose the option redirect www to non-www then hit Save and apply .htaccess.
  • Started getting an error when trying to log into the /administrator/index.php page Fatal error: Class'FOF30\Container\Container' not found in /home/control/public_html/plugins/quickicon/akeebabackup/akeebabackup.php
I know 301 redirects are different than cname redirects, but do I need to re-configure DNS settings? If so, what do I need to reconfigure: A record or CNAME? I do not have access to Network Solutions, so I will need to relay the specific instructions to the person with domain registrar access. There's also a separate account for the web hosting. I am not a developer but I have a developer that can edit the .htaccess file, she just can't access the FTP which is where we're stuck. Is there a workaround to this?

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Can't log in to FTP or /administrator panel after .htaccess redirect

Post by itoctopus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Most likely your IP was blocked by ModSecurity or another firewall on the server. Ask your host to whitelist your IP or use a different IP.
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

cci84
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Can't log in to FTP or /administrator panel after .htaccess redirect

Post by cci84 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks for your reply. Would that be an issue if the owner of the site is having the same issue login in?

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”