Database connection error

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jimass
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Database connection error

Post by jimass » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 pm

Hello, I get this error at my joomla website. Database and password are correct. It was working before but now I get this error.

http://floorscrubberrentaltoronto.com/

Thank you for your advice.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Database connection error

Post by AMurray » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:17 am

Would suggest you contact your host - this is not a Joomla error, at this point.

It doesn't look like it's getting as far as authenticating a user (all that stuff usually happens in the background); if it was a problem with authentication I think I would expect to see some more detail in this error, such as "cannot connect to MySQL with user something_something@server_name." (or similar).

You say "database and password are correct". What about the username for the database....? (not mentioned in your question...).

You could try (1) specifying a new password for the database user in cPanel (then update configuration.php) or (2) create a new user altogether and add it to the db, then update the configuration file with all the new details.

What was the last action you were doing in the system before this error started occurring?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

jimass
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Database connection error

Post by jimass » Thu May 03, 2018 9:33 am

I found the problem. Godaddy increased php version and thats the reason why website stop working.

I'm usisng multisite extension for all of them. Is there a way fix all website together? Thank you.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”