Admin login module deaktivated

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Gunn
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Admin login module deaktivated

Post by Gunn » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:55 am

Hi
I have been contacted by my server host about a contact form on my site that is sending out a lot of spam. I could not find this contactform anywhere, but as I tried to deactivate it I accidentially deactivated the admin login module.... So I can no longer access my site... The contact form is still sending spam and my serverhost wants to shut down my site because of it.

Can anyone help me understand what is happening here and how I can fix it?

I was sent to a site explaining how to deactivate the contact form, it tells me to go to myPHPadmin, find the jos_extention table and set the com_user row to 0, but I can not find any jos_extention table...

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Admin login module deaktivated

Post by imanickam » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:27 am

Gunn wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:55 am
I can not find any jos_extention table...
The string jos_ what you are noticing in the table name is known as Database Prefix. In Joomla! 1.5, it was always set to jos_. Whereas in later versions, the Database prefix was created randomly during installation. For example, instead of jos_ it could be gt40y_. The value that is used for your Joomla site could be found in the file configuration.php that is located in the directory where Joomla is installed. Look for the following line of code.

Code: Select all

public $dbprefix = 'gt40y_';
Gunn wrote:
I accidentially deactivated the admin login module....
Could you please expand on where and what you have done to deactivate the admin login module?

Gunn wrote:
So I can no longer access my site...
Please explain what you mean by saying that you no longer access the site. Are you seeing the module when you access the admin? Are you getting any error messages?

Gunn wrote:
I was sent to a site explaining how to deactivate the contact form
What is the site's URL that you are referring to?

Note:
As you have posted in a Joomla 2.5 forum, it is assumed that the site uses Joomla 2.5.x. Be informed that all the versions of Joomla! except for the latest one are vulnerable. So, you should plan to upgrade your site. Test the upgrade in a different environment before attempting it on a production site.

The latest version of Joomla! is 3.9.4 and soon to be 3.9.5.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Gunn
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Gunn » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:36 am

Yes I know that I should upgrade my site.

In the administratorpanel, in the module section i set the green spot to red. I can see the login But when I enter my username and password - nothing happes. I do not get any errors or anything.

I can accsess my cPanel

This is the URL for the site I was referred to who explain how I can deactivate the form:

https://richardbuz.de/faq/general/disab ... orm-module

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:24 pm

Review the link you posted. All that explains is how to disable the components com_contact and com_users. When you disable them, you would not see those corresponding menu items in the back-end administrator menu.
Gunn wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:36 am
In the administratorpanel, in the module section i set the green spot to red.
Could you please be more specific as to which module you Disabled? Hope it is Module - Not a Plugin.

Gunn wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:36 am
I can see the login But when I enter my username and password - nothing happes.
Generally this happens when all the Authentication plugins are Disabled.

If you have a complete back-up of your site (Both files and the database content), I would suggest restoring the site before you made the changes. In fact, I would suggest restoring the site in a test environment to make sure that everything works before restoring the live site.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”