My admin panel is blank HELP!

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
TruSpeed
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

My admin panel is blank HELP!

Post by TruSpeed » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Ok for no reason my entire Admin panel is blank now when I log in to the site administrator. I don't know how to fix it. Anyone able to help? I'm running 2.5.4 with community builder and a few other small extensions installed.

TruSpeed
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: My admin panel is blank HELP!

Post by TruSpeed » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 am

Ok so I saw another thread that the person had to add permissions for the user, but this is the only user that is an administrator, so how can I add permissions if I don't have administrator access?

Nana_P
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Nana_P » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Look for the prior thread. I too had the problem and fixed it by having my entire site recovered from a backup that I knew was good.

I believe I accidentally changed a critical permission. I was not changing the site admin permissions at all but apparently there is something that can be done to one of the groups that ends up getting a blank site admin. Unfortunately I do not know what I did to cause the problem either. Wish I did.

The other thread has some more elaborate steps you can take if you don't have a backup to recover from. I chose the easier route since it was available to me.

nkolet
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nkolet » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Here is what I did to fix the same issue. I installed another clean site and compared database tables. The _assets table was my issue.

Open table xxx_assets in your joomla 2.5 database
Edit Row 1 (Root Asset) and change the rule to:

{"core.login.site":{"6":1,"2":1},"core.login.admin":{"6":1},"core.login.offline":{"6":1},"core.admin":{"8":1},"core.manage":{"7":1},"core.create":{"6":1,"3":1},"core.delete":{"6":1},"core.edit":{"6":1,"4":1},"core.edit.state":{"6":1,"5":1},"core.edit.own":{"6":1,"3":1}}

Save that and whala, admin panel now works. My issues was from testing the permissions in the global config and locking myself out. That value is the default admin value.

Hope this helps!

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:00 pm

The usergroup that you set to allow admin login .... put that user Group in the 'Special' view/access level.

The Admin menus are set at 'Special' view/access level
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

TruSpeed
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TruSpeed » Wed May 09, 2012 4:27 am

nkolet wrote:Here is what I did to fix the same issue. I installed another clean site and compared database tables. The _assets table was my issue.

{"core.login.site":{"6":1,"2":1},"core.login.admin":{"6":1},"core.login.offline":{"6":1},"core.admin":{"8":1},"core.manage":{"7":1},"core.create":{"6":1,"3":1},"core.delete":{"6":1},"core.edit":{"6":1,"4":1},"core.edit.state":{"6":1,"5":1},"core.edit.own":{"6":1,"3":1}}

Save that and whala, admin panel now works. My issues was from testing the permissions in the global config and locking myself out. That value is the default admin value.

Hope this helps!
Tried it.. :( no go

Niclas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Niclas » Wed May 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Nana_P wrote:Look for the prior thread. I too had the problem and fixed it by having my entire site recovered from a backup that I knew was good.

I believe I accidentally changed a critical permission. I was not changing the site admin permissions at all but apparently there is something that can be done to one of the groups that ends up getting a blank site admin. Unfortunately I do not know what I did to cause the problem either. Wish I did.

The other thread has some more elaborate steps you can take if you don't have a backup to recover from. I chose the easier route since it was available to me.
It would be helpful if you mentioned WHICH thread provides the useful steps.
Thanks.

Niclas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Niclas » Wed May 09, 2012 12:44 pm

nkolet wrote:Here is what I did to fix the same issue. I installed another clean site and compared database tables. The _assets table was my issue.

Hope this helps!

Great nkolet and thanks a lot ! This was exactly what solved my issue !
THANKS !!!

TruSpeed
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TruSpeed » Wed May 09, 2012 6:10 pm

ok so I logged into the PHPMyAdmin and the user is set as a Super Administrator I'm setting a temporary password different from what I had and trying to log in again to see if it will be different so I can change the viewing access.

TruSpeed
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TruSpeed » Wed May 09, 2012 6:19 pm

ok so I followed the steps in this tutorial video that I got the link from the general help from joomla http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1818492yRNhWTdg and I did the password as
column:password type:varchar(100) function:MD5 value:admin and I tried logging in as user:admin pass:admin and it now says "Failed to authenticate: Access Denied" and I can't even log in. however after I save it, it changes the password that is listed in the value to random numbers and letters as you can see in the confirmation screenshot here:
screenshot_phpmyadmin.png
I'm at a loss, I even tried copying and pasting the random password it puts in there and same thing no login.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by abernyte » Wed May 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Can you confirm what version of Joomla you are running? The screen grab shows a table for jos_mambots which if memory serves was from Joomla 1.0 when the dinosaurs roamed the plains! That might explain why the fix didn't work for you.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

harley130
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by harley130 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Hope this helps!
Thanks, this solved my snafu also. Next time I'll watch what I tick off in the permission fields.

Jerrygo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jerrygo » Wed May 09, 2012 8:48 pm

How crazy, that did not work for me at http://universalautocare.net/administrator/

If anyone has advice please help : /

This is second time I install again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jerrygo on Wed May 09, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerrygo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jerrygo » Wed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Hope u did not give up Tru

rcalo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rcalo » Thu May 10, 2012 6:49 pm

This did NOT work for me either:

This is the first time I have this problem, when updating from a 1.7 to 2.5.4. I've done a number of them from 1.7 to 2.5.x (excluding 2.5.4) and there has never been an issue.

This needs reporting as a bug in 2.5.4.

Rich

TruSpeed
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TruSpeed » Sun May 13, 2012 5:55 am

running joomla 2.5.4

problem showed up when joomla auto updated from 2.5.3 to 2.5.4 all my admin stuff stopped working. My menu option to post a new article or new weblink disappeared and whenever I logged into admin it was blank. I went into the phpMyAdmin and reset the password for the admin to admin hoping that if I reset everything it would reset the account and I could get into it, I no longer have access to anything. I stupidly didn't do a backup after I finally got everything set back up.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun May 13, 2012 8:45 am

http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Forrest_Morgan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Forrest_Morgan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:39 pm

I googled for about 8+ hours and finally found this link that worked like a charm! It took me about all of 10 minutes to fix the problem.

I am running 2.5.11 version of Joomla and it worked.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8607 ... area-blank

Good luck to all!

jony223
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jony223 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Although some of you may suffer under a permission-based problem, it was something totally different at me.
Since i didn't change anything like permissions, but tried out some menu-models, i remembered that i switched off javascript to see how the menus would react.
Unfortunately (and incomprehensible for me!) the admin page doesn't work a bit without active JavaScript. I hope they will change that some days...

Good luck!

pencilspirit
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pencilspirit » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:52 am

Same problem, could not figure it out why, i did not change anything. and the solution not help me with 2.5

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”