I can not add new menu items

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lelek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I can not add new menu items

Post by lelek » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Hello,

I migrated my site yesterday to a faster server but now I have a new problem. I can not add new menu items. I have 4300 products on my store and every product is added to a menu item. Now if I try to configure a new product details layout menu item I receive the following message: The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay SQL=SELECT a.id AS value, a.title AS text, a.level FROM fk3vu_menu AS a LEFT JOIN `fk3vu_menu` AS b ON a.lft > b.lft AND a.rgt < b.rgt WHERE a.menutype = 'produse' AND a.published != -2 GROUP BY a.id, a.title, a.level, a.lft, a.rgt, a.menutype, a.parent_id, a.published ORDER BY a.lft ASC

Can somebody help me ?

cmshelplive
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: I can not add new menu items

Post by cmshelplive » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:24 am

Generically, this error indicates that the query needs to read more number of rows than permitted.
This might be caused with large number of join results to add product to correct category.

As a solution, you can try to set the parameter "SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1" in the config file.
CMSHelpLive Joomla Support
https://cmshelplive.com

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”