Jupgrade

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jciconsult
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Jupgrade

Post by jciconsult » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:15 pm

I tried a component Jupgrade. It creates a j1.6 version in a subfolder of the original site with tables prefixed with j16 rather than jos. There is nothing wrong with that. The big issue is that it seems to pull from the SVN. What problems does that create? Is there a more formal migration process planned by the Joomla team?

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Jupgrade

Post by mbabker » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:26 pm

There is no issue with pulling from the SVN. The real difference is that pulling from SVN versus using a release package means that you'll be getting changes implemented between releases. Consider it 1.6.x 1/2 (yes, it's a lame joke).

As of now, there is no official migration solution being implemented by the dev team.

jciconsult
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jciconsult » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:39 pm

I just wanted to try it particularly for the articles. It seemed to work really well on a small site. In terms of migration, we can all help.
I have implemented a component (CBJUICE V2) to move the key comprofiler material. I will be releasing that when CB goes stable to match 1.6.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:21 am

Moderator Comment ; moved from security 1.6 to migration 1.6
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Tarun
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Tarun » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 am

Need to be able to choose official release or SVN then.

Phehello
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

jUpgrade works but not without problems

Post by Phehello » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:58 am

I get this error ...

500 - An error has occurred.

Table 'bkocoza_jan2011.j16_categories' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT a.id, a.title, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.created, a.hits,l.title AS language_title,uc.name AS editor,ag.title AS access_level,c.title AS category_title,ua.name AS author_name FROM j16_content AS a LEFT JOIN `j16_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN j16_users AS uc ON uc.id=a.checked_out LEFT JOIN j16_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN j16_categories AS c ON c.id = a.catid LEFT JOIN j16_users AS ua ON ua.id = a.created_by ORDER BY a.hits DESC LIMIT 0, 5

Can anyone help? The developer maybe?

Rgds,

Phehello Mofokeng

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”