WIll there be security upgrades for 1.5 post-1.6 release?

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
keithyoung89
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

WIll there be security upgrades for 1.5 post-1.6 release?

Post by keithyoung89 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:06 pm

My biggest concern in staying with 1.5 is that the version will be subjected to malicious security breaches which will not be supported by subsequent 1.5 releases. If this were to happen, I would be left with several endangered (or broken) websites that I manage on v1.5.

I would migrate my sites to 1.6 immediately but for the fact that the various modules/components I use lack 1.6 versions, some modules being incorporated into a 'professional' template which itself therefore fails.

I would so much appreciate clear, concise documentation as to how to modify module files (esp. XML) to get modules working in 1.6. I find forum posts and [youtube] videos abound but we lack the sort of guide needed by a non-developer.

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: WIll there be security upgrades for 1.5 post-1.6 release

Post by ianmac » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:13 pm

keithyoung89 wrote:My biggest concern in staying with 1.5 is that the version will be subjected to malicious security breaches which will not be supported by subsequent 1.5 releases. If this were to happen, I would be left with several endangered (or broken) websites that I manage on v1.5.

I would migrate my sites to 1.6 immediately but for the fact that the various modules/components I use lack 1.6 versions, some modules being incorporated into a 'professional' template which itself therefore fails.

I would so much appreciate clear, concise documentation as to how to modify module files (esp. XML) to get modules working in 1.6. I find forum posts and [youtube] videos abound but we lack the sort of guide needed by a non-developer.
Joomla! 1.5 will go end of life around April 2012.

Ian

keithyoung89
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: WIll there be security upgrades for 1.5 post-1.6 release

Post by keithyoung89 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:00 pm

That's encouraging - plenty of time to migrate. Thanks Ian

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”