problems in upgrading

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pooja_cs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

problems in upgrading

Post by pooja_cs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Hello all,

I am trying to upgrade from Joomla 1.5.22 to Joomla 1.6 using jupgrade component. I have successfully downloaded jupgrade, but as I open it and press start upgrade, it gets stuck on "checking" status. Is it because I am doing it in the server, on which I am not given permission to download Joomla 1.6?

Please help me guys

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: problems in upgrading

Post by toivo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:21 pm

According to some advice about an earlier version, it was best to upload the installation archive of Joomla 1.6 and leave it as a .zip file in the jupgrade folder, then select 'skip' as the download option.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

pooja_cs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pooja_cs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:21 pm

thanks Toivo, succeed to solve that error, but now I am getting another error, in the up gradation process, in the phase of upgrading process, it got stuck on migrating udefined. Can anyone help me with that please?

kenmcd
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by kenmcd » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:09 am

toivo wrote:According to some advice about an earlier version, it was best to upload the installation archive of Joomla 1.6 and leave it as a .zip file in the jupgrade folder, then select 'skip' as the download option.
jUpgrade downloads the joomla16.zip file into the /tmp/ folder.
So that is where it should be placed in order to Skip Download.

The joomla16.zip file is extracted into the /jupgrade/ folder.
And then J1.6 is installed in the /jupgrade/ folder.

If one would also like to Skip Decompress, the J1.6 installation package should be manually extracted into /jupgrade/ before running jUpgrade.
██ LibreTraining

pooja_cs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pooja_cs » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:15 am

Thank you kenmcd, I solved the problem. But i have another problem now, after upgrading my frontend page has error 404, it says: 404Category not found
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below..

If you would like to have a look at my website, please visit http://stage1.linuxsecurity.com/jupgrade/

Please help me to solve the problem

Thanks

kenmcd
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by kenmcd » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:38 am

The 404Category not found error after running jUpgrade is usually because the Home page default setting is missing.
Either create a new menu item and set as the Home page, set an existing menu item as Home.

Regarding "have a look at my website" . . .
There is nothing there in either the /jupgrade/ folder or the parent.
No websites found.

██ LibreTraining

pooja_cs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pooja_cs » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello, Sorry for the inconvenience, Now you can see the above link and I put one of my menu as a Home page but still error is coming.. Please help me out

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”