Upgraded from 1.7.3 to 2.5 and got jos_languages DB error

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Locked
steacha
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Upgraded from 1.7.3 to 2.5 and got jos_languages DB error

Post by steacha » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:38 pm

As everyone knows by now, there are issues when upgrading from 1.7.3 to 2.5 when you have a multi-language site. I've managed to get rid of a lot of the errors with the Fix database button, but one persists:
Table 'jos_languages' does not have index 'idx_image'. (From file 1.7.4-2011-11-19.sql.)
I removed the en-GB content language as suggested on this page, but the problem persists - which makes sense, since I am guessing this requires a manual change in the DB itself. Could someone help me out with what SQL command I need to run to fix it?

User avatar
Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 26195
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Akershus, Norway

Re: Upgraded from 1.7.3 to 2.5 and got jos_languages DB erro

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:26 pm

This is the indexes on that table. Use phpmyadmin to add them.

Code: Select all

                       PRIMARY	BTREE	Yes	No	lang_id	1	A		
		idx_sef	           BTREE	Yes	No	sef	1	A		
		idx_image	BTREE	Yes	No	image	1	A		
		idx_langcode	BTREE	Yes	No	lang_code	1	A		
		idx_ordering	BTREE	No	No	ordering	1	A

steacha
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Upgraded from 1.7.3 to 2.5 and got jos_languages DB erro

Post by steacha » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not a SQL pro, so do I just select the table in phpMyAdmin, paste them in the SQL query section and then run it to add them?

User avatar
Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 26195
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Akershus, Norway

Re: Upgraded from 1.7.3 to 2.5 and got jos_languages DB erro

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:13 pm

No, but you can create the index directly in phpmyadmin under the Structure tab.

Click on Details under the table to open the index list.

steacha
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Upgraded from 1.7.3 to 2.5 and got jos_languages DB erro

Post by steacha » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Hmmm, this is what mine shows:

Code: Select all

PRIMARY	     BTREE	Yes	No	lang_id	3	A		
idx_sef        BTREE	Yes	No	sef	    3	A		
idx_langcode	BTREE	Yes	No	lang_code 3   A		
idx_ordering	BTREE	No 	No	ordering  0	A
As you can see, the Cardinality column for me is 3, whereas it's 1 for you. I don't even know what it is. Does it matter?

Also, when creating the index name, do I use the following values?

Index Name: idx_image
Index Type: FULLTEXT
Column: image[varchar(50)]
Size: no idea what to specify here
And then should I Save or Add to index 1 column?

User avatar
rued
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4771
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: Finland / Norway
Contact:

Re: Upgraded from 1.7.3 to 2.5 and got jos_languages DB erro

Post by rued » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:09 pm

steacha wrote:I removed the en-GB content language as suggested on this page, but the problem persists - which makes sense, since I am guessing this requires a manual change in the DB itself. Could someone help me out with what SQL command I need to run to fix it?
Do you have more than one content languages?
Anything in your trash? Check that your trash actually are empty!

Anyhow ... Just discovered that a site having both Norwegian Bokmål and Norwegian Nynorsk had this problem, simply because both use the same flag name (no). So to solve it I just renamed the flag for Nynorsk temporary, did run the database fix tool in admin - and problem was solved.

Edit! Joomla doesn't allow same flag name to be used more than once now ... WTF! :)
Save failed with the following error: A content language already exists with this Image Prefix
Rune Rasmussen - http://www.syntaxerror.no
Norske nettløsninger og integrasjoner, CONSIGNOR EDI, Mamut ordreimport og produkteksport, kortbetaling og faktura m.m.

Norsk Joomla! - Norwegian Translation Team - http://www.norskjoomla.no

steacha
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: Upgraded from 1.7.3 to 2.5 and got jos_languages DB erro

Post by steacha » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks rued!

Sure enough, the content language was still in my trash. After removing it and used the Fix button, it worked like a charm.

Now I have to go see if I can fix this issue. :-\


Locked

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”