JCacheStorageFile::_deleteFolderFailed deleting index.html

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bellablue
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bellablue » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Afraid to upgrade ... I moved my site to a new server ... since then I keep getting this error:

anytime I try to clear cached files - or save a file or anything .....

I have checked my permissions all at 777 for the moment and even when I try to delete them via ftp I get a 550 code error I am running joomla 1.6.6 and want to hit that upgrade button but it gave me a clear screen making me have to reupload the 1.6.6 files again.

I am so lost .. I even created a 1.7.0 under a different name - mirrored them to check all files permissions because the 1.7.0 is fine however I doubt the database can just be moved when I have files and extensions in the 1.6.6 site the 1.7.0 was just built to test the server and to see if it was doable .. it clearly is nothing is config wrong that I can see ... I upgraded from 1.6.0 to 1.6.4 to 1.6.6 manually and these warnings were before this ...

Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated ..

I also want to note that in the cache configuration options I try to allow admin it won't let me change these settings?? Image is attached

ANG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bellablue
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JCacheStorageFile::_deleteFolderFailed deleting index.ht

Post by bellablue » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 pm

ok oddly I went into the server and deleted everything in my cache file except the index.html and now everything is working without that warning .... still too scared to upgrade to 1.7.0 since the upgrade is prompting for 2.5.0 now without that option and too many extensions may not be compatible.

If anyone can explain what i just fixed lol I would gladly appreciate it.

BEtheredge
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BEtheredge » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:38 pm

I have been getting a similar warning/error:
Warning
JCacheStorageFile::_deleteFolderFailed deleting 97f10f3853728535494f0bfa8c2702dd-cache-com_jevents-02ab199d25ef07d8ec6b6ea0631ec5c6.php

Every time I go to the Calendar page to add an event (jevents module) I get the warning, although I am still able to add events. I have went under the System > Maintenance:Clear Cache > com_jevents - and cleared the cache com_jevents but I still get the error. I have even restarted the iiS server. Clearing the cache worked on the test server under the above location, but not on the live server. Any suggestions?

BEtheredge
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by BEtheredge » Fri May 22, 2015 2:14 pm

After doing some digging, the guy I replaced had an incorrect file path in the configuration.php file:
public $tmp_path = 'C:\\inetpub\\joomla33\\tmp';
public $log_path = 'C:\\inetpub\\joomla33\\var\\logs';

I changed them to the correct path:
public $tmp_path = 'C:\inetpub\joomla33\tmp';
public $log_path = 'C:\inetpub\joomla33\var\logs';

Now I get no more
Warning
JCacheStorageFile::_deleteFolderFailed deleting......

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”