Articles missing after update on godaddy

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ohmbligo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Articles missing after update on godaddy

Post by ohmbligo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:46 pm

I recently upgraded from 1.7 to 2.5 (security issues) I created a new database and restored it with the content of my old database. However, I think my giant mistake was to update via godaddy portal instead of the administrator panel in my website. My website is currently showing background photos etc. but the articles are not there. I looked on the administrator panel and of course they are not there either. Is there a way that I can fix this without having to input all the article and component items. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

harperlala
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Articles missing after update on godaddy

Post by harperlala » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:59 pm

can you see article from Article manager in backend? Did you update site successfully?

ohmbligo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Articles missing after update on godaddy

Post by ohmbligo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:10 pm

I got the site back up.... I just used the old configuration.php file and that solved my problem.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”