Database error after updating to 2.5.28 that can't be "fixed"

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bspcnc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Database error after updating to 2.5.28 that can't be "fixed"

Post by bspcnc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:03 pm

I have been following the migration steps to go from Joomla 2.x to 3.x.
I got to the part where it says to "fix" the database if there are any errors. That means that I followed all of the steps to the point that i was able to click upgrade to 2.5.28 from 2.5.17 and my site now says it is 2.5.28
After that I went to the "extension manager" -> "Database" tab and found these errors below. I did not any custom components or modules or plugins except for the JCE Editor and I uninstalled any extra plugins it had.
So I do not know how to resolve this. I did read in one of your other posts that I could try finding the joomla.sql file in a complete installation zip file of joomla 2.5.28 and try to create this (newsfeeds) table using the SQL command in that file. However, even though I do see that table now in the database using phpmyadmin, I still get that error.

What can I do at this point to be able to get a good updated version of 2.5.28 so I can move on? I do use akeeba B/U and can completely start over if necessary. I am using a subfolder for my dev site.
thank you very much,
bc

Table 'jml_newsfeeds' does not have column 'access' with type 'int(10) unsigned'. (From file 1.7.1-2011-09-20.sql.)
Table 'jml_newsfeeds' does not have column 'alias' with type 'VARCHAR(255)'. (From file 1.7.3-2011-10-15.sql.)
Table 'jml_weblinks' does not have column 'alias' with type 'VARCHAR(255)'. (From file 1.7.3-2011-10-15.sql.)
Table 'jml_newsfeeds' does not have column 'alias' with type 'VARCHAR(255)'. (From file 1.7.4-2011-11-23.sql.)

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Database error after updating to 2.5.28 that can't be "fixed"

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:24 pm

Delete the files. They are for Joomla 1.7. Your database is probably up to date.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”