I'm doing a drastic change and I would like some feedback

Hinabi sa kamay ng mga pinoy na newbie at astig sa pagdisenyo ng website gamit ang Joomla! CMS
effintiy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I'm doing a drastic change and I would like some feedback

Post by effintiy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:07 pm

So I just got done doing a drastic change to my site, and I would love some feed back from the community. We went for ultra clean, and I'm wondering if we went overboard. I want it to be a site that appeals to clients, not just designers. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

[url]http:/www.effinity.us[/url]

FYI: We are in the editing stage on the testimonials so there are more we are just getting final client approval. ;)

beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: I'm doing a drastic change and I would like some feedbac

Post by beededea » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:37 pm

It is nice. Clean and clear but has a strapline a clear message and all the necessary words.

Google spiders like content change on the FP though, so perhaps put a search cloud at the bottom and perhaps a discrete ticker somewhere...
Yereverluvinunclebert
Steampunk widgets. Platforms of choice: Joomla 1.0/1.5, Joostina 1.2, OSCommerce
Site aims: Optimisation, Security and Solidity
http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/steamp ... k-calendar

effintiy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by effintiy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:03 pm

beededea wrote:It is nice. Clean and clear but has a strapline a clear message and all the necessary words.

Google spiders like content change on the FP though, so perhaps put a search cloud at the bottom and perhaps a discrete ticker somewhere...
I was hoping the way I put the blog excerpts in the module position would cover that. I have the css as invisible, as opposed to display:none, because I thought that would allow google to index that content even when it was hidden.

beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by beededea » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm not sure if that is sensible thing to do as I always assume that Google bots are the equivalent of bright internet users. If you 'know' it is bad then eventually (maybe soon) the Google bot will too.
Yereverluvinunclebert
Steampunk widgets. Platforms of choice: Joomla 1.0/1.5, Joostina 1.2, OSCommerce
Site aims: Optimisation, Security and Solidity
http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/steamp ... k-calendar

effintiy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by effintiy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 pm

beededea wrote:I'm not sure if that is sensible thing to do as I always assume that Google bots are the equivalent of bright internet users. If you 'know' it is bad then eventually (maybe soon) the Google bot will too.
I did some research for best practices on revealed content this seemed to be the best solution without dirtying up the page. I was also under the impression that google bots only ding you if it is malicious or deceptive content. Since there is another way to get there I'm hoping it will not be a problem.

Return to “Site Showcase”