How simulate joomla 1.5 level access for protected items

Moderators: mandville, PhilD, General Support Moderators

nexus6
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How simulate joomla 1.5 level access for protected items

Post by nexus6 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pm

have a nice day.

In joomla 1.5 i can create a menu voice with "pubblic" access level that point to an items (let say a category) that is "registered" or "special".

A guest user, can SEE the voice and if click on it, has redirected to the login page.

In 2.5.x i like to use group access and level access for set some role,let say "normal" and "special" level access.

1) If i set a menu voice to any created level access, that voice is not visibile (becasue level access set what a user can see or not). This is not my goal

2) If i set a menu voice to "pubblic" and it point to a category that has any created level access a "404 error" has returned. I would expext a login page ! (or better a custom login page with the message "you don't have the right permission")

3) if i set a menu voice to "pubblic" and it point to a menu_alias, and that menu_alias point to the same category that has any created levell access, the login page has displayed

In the right management there is no "view" privileges because this achivement in 2.5.x is for level access, but HOW i can reply the simple joomla 1.5 features without create a lot of alias_menu?

Thank in advance.

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 2.5”