Custom Security Group and Article Access Problem

Moderators: mandville, PhilD, General Support Moderators

brandtcramer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Custom Security Group and Article Access Problem

Post by brandtcramer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:31 am

Hi there,

I have a Joomla 2.5.9 installation, upgraded from 1.5 originally. Prior to 2.5.9 we did not use any kind of custom security groups for article access. Now we have started to use custom security groups for article access.

So here is the problem. Created a group called "Paid" and assigned article security to this group. Menu items pointing to these articles are still "Public" set (I want the registered user to see the menu item to know there is something there). If I have a user that is a part of the "Registered" group, but NOT in the "Paid" group they get this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/content/72/7060172/html/thetwinpowers/en/templates/thetwinpowersv6/library/Artx/Content/SingleArticle.php on line 51
Funny part is if you try and access the article directly without Login, you get the proper Access Denied Page:

You are not authorised to view this resource.
If you put the user in the "Paid" group, they can get the article just fine.

I tried searching with Google for a solution, but couldn't find anything. I am hoping this is the right place to ask for help. Been at this a week now trying to figure it out.

brandtcramer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Custom Security Group and Article Access Problem

Post by brandtcramer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:50 am

Anyone? This one is really bugging me!

brandtcramer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by brandtcramer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 am

Wrapping my brains here guys... little help... anyone? Do you need more information? I can provide anything you require!

brandtcramer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by brandtcramer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Code in file at line 51:

$this->categoryLink = $this->_articleParams->get('link_category') && $this->_article->catslug
any thoughts?

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 2.5”