Need help restricting users on Main and Slave sites.

Moderators: mandville, PhilD, General Support Moderators

SVault
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Need help restricting users on Main and Slave sites.

Post by SVault » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi all,

After reading the forums, I was recommended to post questions here because of excellent help found here.

Here's my issue: Running latest Joomla (2.5.17) and MightySites.

Sites:
Main Site: www.master.com
Slave 1: slave1.master.com
Slave 2: slave2.master.com

Right now, all 3 sites are sharing the Users from the main site only.

Now, this is my problem:
- I've created 4 sample users (user1, user2, user3, user4) and 2 User Groups (Slave1 & Slave2) in the Main site.

- Slave 1 and Slave 2 site shares user + usergroup map + usergroups from the Main site.

- For both Slave sites, Viewing Access Level are independent from the Main site.

- In Slave 1 site, I've created a new Viewing Access Level: Slave1. Same thing, I've create a new Viewing Access Level in Slave 2 site called: Slave2.

- Sample users (user1 & user2) are in usergroup Slave1 & Sample users (user3 & user4) are in usergroup Slave2.

- Now, I want to make the Slave sites login work so that users in Slave1 usergroup can only login into Slave 1 site and NOT into Slave 2 site. Similarly, users in Slave2 usergroup can only login into Slave 2 site and NOT into Slave 1 site.

- Users in both Slave1 & Slave2 usergroups will not have access to login into the Main site.

-->> one of the most important thing is that ALL users will register via the Main site. And the administrator will then approve the user and assign the user to either Slave 1 or Slave 2 site. We are intending to launch at least 15 Slave sites and we would like to control all users on the Main site and assigning them to different usergroups. Each usergroup will have different Viewing Access Levels in each Slave site.

Using the Viewing Access Level, I believe I should be able to achieve this. Can you assist me?

Thank you,

SVault
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Need help restricting users on Main and Slave sites.

Post by SVault » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Any help?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:08 pm

SVault
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SVault » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi All,

so the developer got back to me and assisted me to solve the issue.

FYI, to control the sign-in, it doesn't use the Viewing Access Level. Go to Joomla Admin backend --> Global Configuration --> Permissions --> edit the new usergroup you created.

Thanks all!

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 2.5”