ACL setup to allow only one component view in backend

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

whipkey
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

ACL setup to allow only one component view in backend

Post by whipkey » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Our company requires approval for new registrations. The site has been customized to route the approval requests to different people based on the options selected during registration. Most of the people who do the approvals should not be allowed to do anything else in the backend. I don't even want them to see anything else. Also, this would be only one view in the component, excluding other views in the same component.

I have heard that through a combination of permission settings on the component, user groups, and possibly a little code added to the component (main controller?)... this can be done without the need for any special extensions.

I've been wrestling with it but so far my test user either can't even log in to the backend or else it sees everything.

Does anyone know how to do this?

rcarey
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: ACL setup to allow only one component view in backend

Post by rcarey » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:14 am

Did you ever discover and settle on a solution? Are you still looking for a response?
Randy Carey -- as of 2023 I'm mostly retired in web development, but still engaged with a few Joomla projects through
Careytech Studios http://careytech.com custom development for tailored or value-added web solutions

BadDog43
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: ACL setup to allow only one component view in backend

Post by BadDog43 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:01 pm

Can you share how you customized Joomla to "to route the approval requests to different people based on the options selected during registration". I also need this capability. It would be a great extension. I am using J3.5.

Thanks
whipkey wrote:Our company requires approval for new registrations. The site has been customized to route the approval requests to different people based on the options selected during registration. Most of the people who do the approvals should not be allowed to do anything else in the backend. I don't even want them to see anything else. Also, this would be only one view in the component, excluding other views in the same component.

I have heard that through a combination of permission settings on the component, user groups, and possibly a little code added to the component (main controller?)... this can be done without the need for any special extensions.

I've been wrestling with it but so far my test user either can't even log in to the backend or else it sees everything.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 2.5”