Bugs? when installing Joomla2.5 on SQL Server

HBlanke
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Bugs? when installing Joomla2.5 on SQL Server

Postby HBlanke » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:08 am

Hello,

I can't find a specific joomla2.5 bug report area so I will post my issues here.

I'd like to report some (3) issues I've encountered when installing Joomla! on SQL Server 2008.
These issues are related to any Joomla! 2.5 version I've installed since beta 1.

My configuration is on a intranet company enviroment.
The web server is a WampServer version 2.2 on a dedicated XP machine.
The connection to the database is with SQL Server Native Client 2008 version 10.

(I've also installed with MySql, which has none of the here mentioned issues as far as I could determine).

Issue 1:
When installing the sample data, any double backslash (escaped backslash) in the sample data is NOT stripped out when writing it to the database.
I've tested it with both PDO and the Joomla! way but the result is the same.

On closer examinaition I've found that the php-function file_get_contents() does not replace the backslashes form a line with double backslashes when reading the data from file. If this same line (in php) is hard coded and assigned to a variable the double backslash IS replaced with a single backslash as exepcted.

I've tested a solution by changing the function public function populateDatabase() in the file /installation/models/database.php. It involves in additionaly calling the php-function stripslashes() before loading the file data into the variable $buffer. Whit this change the sample dat is installed correctly.

Issue 2:
When trying to create a new or edit a article or open any other component which relies on categories I get he following error:
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Column 'labc_categories.published' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause. SQL=SELECT a.id AS value, a.title AS text, a.level, a.published FROM labc_categories AS a LEFT JOIN [labc_categories] AS b ON a.lft > b.lft AND a.rgt < b.rgt WHERE (a.extension = N'com_content') AND a.published IN (0,1) GROUP BY a.id, a.title, a.level, a.lft, a.rgt, a.extension, a.parent_id ORDER BY a.lft ASC


After inspecting the code I've found there is a error in the code in the file /administrator/components/com_catogories/models/fields/categoryedit.php in line 106 where the GROUPBY statement is prepared. The field a.published is missing in ORDERBY line. I've tested this by executing the above SELECT statement with this field included directly in SQL Server Management Studio. It then executes without error.

So I think this line (106) of code should read as follows:

Code: Select all

$query->group('a.id, a.title, a.level, a.lft, a.rgt, a.extension, a.parent_id, a.published');


Issue 3:
When editing parameters from a plugin I've found there is something going wrong with - again - escaping backslashes.
When I enter a backslash in a parameter text field, after saving there is now a double backslash shown in this field.
Saving agin doubles this amount so now there are four backslashes shown. This doubling happens every save, so 2-4-8-16-32 and so on.
I guess it must be somewhere in the handling of the params field in the jos_extensions table, but I have not found it yet.

I'm not a very experienced php programmer so I might get things wrong but thats the way I've found them.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 Beta Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests