Forum rules: necro-posting Topic is solved

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with joomla.org, community.joomla.org, forum.joomla.org, vel.joomla.org.

Moderator: brad

Forum rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Forum rules: necro-posting

Post by sozzled » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:51 pm

@Webdongle: you need to follow the timeline. I wrote
sozzled wrote:... every day, as forum moderators target individual topics (and lock them)
... as an observation on how things had occurred in the past. I wrote this merely as an observation that forum moderators were required to—past tense—take action. The moderation team will have less need to individually lock topics in future in order to safeguard the community from the woes of necroposting.

Filibustering means to delay progress by wasting time (usually by making long speeches). Progress has been made! Let us all rejoice! 8)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Forum rules: necro-posting

Post by sozzled » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Now that the new approach—auto-locking old topics that have not been active for two years or more—has settled in, we've seen a considerable reduction in the incidence of necropost spam and (I think the moderators would also agree) this has lightened the moderators' workload. We can all relax more.

I'm marking this topic resolved.

It took some lobbying but it was worth it. Thanks @ooffick and to others who supported the change. I have fewer reservations about accepting a forum moderation role, if I were to be invited to participate in that process. 8)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”