Possible to open old thread?

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with joomla.org, community.joomla.org, forum.joomla.org, vel.joomla.org.
Forum rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
sberes
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Possible to open old thread?

Post by sberes » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi. I've found an old topic in Danish on starting a property portal: viewtopic.php?t=67510 . I've just started a property site for the Danish market and it is rare that you find people in a small country like Denmark that have these ambitions. And currently I am actively looking for people who have the hunger and skills to do exactly what was discussed in that group. Is is possible to reopen a topic? Or is it locked when locked the first time over?

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Possible to open old thread?

Post by sozzled » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm

I am not a forum moderator; I am just a forum user.

We do not want topics that were created thirteen years ago "resurrected" for the simple reasons that (a) Joomla has changed significantly in thirteen years (e.g. there have been over one hundred and thirty releases of J!), (b) web technology has changed significantly in thirteen years (e.g. browsers like Netscape 2 and Internet Explorer 4 do not exist; changes to PHP, HTML, CSS, XHMTL, database and webserver technologies, etc.), (c) technology has changed significantly in thirteen years (e.g. smartphones did not exist in 2006).

Most of these ancient topics should remain closed; to re-open then would only create opportunities for fake users, forum graffitists and nonsense posts that have no meaning for the community.

If you would like to create a new topic in relation to an issue or problem that you are having, then you're welcome to do that. However, as a forum user, I welcome the regular closure of outdated discussions that are unrepresentative of the community as a whole and irrelevant to today's business.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”