Cookies not always cookies.

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with forum.joomla.org.
TheINIC
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Cookies not always cookies.

Post by TheINIC » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:02 pm

Couldn't find a better place, maybe a guru here will move it to the right arena.

This is about the red warning at the bottom of this site that warns about cookies being blocked.

For those without security and unable to see it, the nag warning states "We have detected that you are using an ad blocker. The Joomla! Project relies on revenue from these advertisements so please consider disabling the ad blocker for this domain." Actually, it's white fonts on a red background.

First, this sites script has detected it, not "We". Second, I do not block cookies. I block known bandits that attempt to invade my rights to privacy.

I would be happy to turn the stalker-blocker off and see the "Project" earn lots of coin, but not at the expense of my privacy.

I wish to point out to the people that want us to disable stalker blockers find other ways of putting ads on the screen and not rely on 3rd parties whose Terms of Use and Privacy Policy the people at the back end of this Forum might want to re-read.

Final point. The variety of security tools I use only block known stalkers. And the "ad blocker" IS turned off. So, whatever the script was that tagged trackers as being cookies, is in error.

~Ti
Last edited by toivo on Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 4.x General Questions
CAUTION: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context and used against you in the courts of social media

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”