why signature can not be added?

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with joomla.org, community.joomla.org, forum.joomla.org, vel.joomla.org.

Moderator: brad

Forum rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Signature problem

Post by mandville » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 pm

No. What they do now if they can't do that is to TRY tricks like borsuk31 tried to do and easily get caught and banned
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: why signature can not be added?

Post by sozzled » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:12 pm

We would not be wasting our time resurrecting this matter if someone had the courage to do as I suggested in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=960077, perhaps?
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

gws
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: how to add signature link .???

Post by gws » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:18 am

You need a certain amount of valid posts on the forum before you may add a signature,this is to stop the spammy "I have the same problem etc"posts

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:47 pm

goldpr wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:36 pm
It's good to know that [you need a certain amount of valid posts on the forum before you may add a signature]. Not even alerted for the whole "how many post until signature" bit.
I am lost for words!

There are several discussion topics on this forum about the rules relating to forum signatures. The rules are clear: see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65.

The main reason that many new users to the forum use these topics is for the purposes of flooding the forum with nonsense so as to increase their post count to the stage whereby they're allowed to add a forum signature. Some of the older topics have been locked, fortunately, in order to prevent this kind of forum abuse. Here is a list of some of those topics:
It may be an idea if these topics were merged together and make the merged topic sticky. Perhaps, in that way, this would address the surprise (?) that new forum members may have in saying that they were "not alerted" to the requirement?
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

aamsuzon
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aamsuzon » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:35 pm

hello

I also check my profile area signature not showing. what is requirement?

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:48 pm

aamsuzon wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:35 pm
hello

I also check my profile area signature not showing. what is requirement?
see above how not to add the link to your wordpr355 site, or how not to

Code: Select all

get your website to the first page of the search engine or the Best SEO Practices To Rank Your Website Higher
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:24 am

I repeat what I over a month ago:
sozzled wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:47 pm
The main reason that many new users to the forum ["ask questions" about how to add a forum signature] is for the purposes of flooding the forum with nonsense so as to increase their post count to the stage whereby they're allowed to add a forum signature. Some of the older topics [on this subject] have been locked, fortunately, in order to prevent this kind of forum abuse. Here is a list of some of those topics:
It may be an idea if these topics were merged together and make the merged topic sticky. Perhaps, in that way, this would address the surprise (?) that new forum members may have in saying that they were "not alerted" to the requirement?
At the very least, the topic has been stickied! 8)

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”