locked out of account

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with joomla.org, community.joomla.org, forum.joomla.org, vel.joomla.org.
Forum rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Byrond1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

locked out of account

Post by Byrond1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:37 am

Can someone please contact me so I can finally retrieve my old account? I have sent in two tickets so far with no reply and it's almost been a week since the first one
Last edited by imanickam on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: locked out of account

Post by imanickam » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:59 am

Byrond1 wrote:Can someone please contact me so I can finally retrieve my old account?
Could you please provide more details such as which account you are referring to and the details of the account.
Byrond1 wrote:I have sent in two tickets so far with no reply and it's almost been a week since the first one
Please explain about what tickets you are referring to.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AMurray » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:13 am

If you mean your Joomla administrator account, follow the procedure at the link here:
https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_reco ... assword%3F

You will need to access your "raw" database with a tool such as PHPMyAdmin, typically available with most hosting services running Linux, or an equivalent tool.

Like the other's responses, I don't know what account details or the support tickets you refer to can you provide more details? To whom did you send the support requests? (what is the link on which you submitted the tickets)?

The Extensions directory has a support ticket system but that's not for general support on using Joomla, so if you submitted a ticket there, it was the wrong place.

If you are using the Joomla trial (on joomla.com) and want your details, I expect SiteGround (the hosting firm that runs the trial service) could help you but you need to contact them directly.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Byrond1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Byrond1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:50 pm

It's my old account here - user name "uny2bld"

I don't have access to - or even remember - the email I used for the account nor do I remember the password but I can provide ID to prove who I am.

Since I don't have access to the account, I had to report it through Joomlas front page which said it went to administration but i still haven't received a response.
Last edited by toivo on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: cross post merged

Byrond1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Admin

Post by Byrond1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:18 pm

I have tried every way possible to get through to a member of admin. I am locked out of my old account and wouyld really appreciate it if someone could at least PM me, it's been over a week now that I have tried to get someone to help me

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Admin

Post by leolam » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:30 pm

Sorry what do you mean? What is your problem?

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Support Provider:
-> Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
-> Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -
-> Joomla Webmaster Services: gws-webmaster.services

Byrond1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Admin

Post by Byrond1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:08 pm

I can not access my old account here - user name "uny2bld"

I don't have access to - or even remember - the email I used for the account nor do I remember the password but I can provide ID to prove who I am.

Since I don't have access to the account, I had to report it through Joomlas front page which said it went to administration but I never received a response so I emailed a couple mods with still no reply so then I made a post here "locked out of account" and no one got back to me again so this is now another attempt to reach out so I can recover my account. Can you help me please?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:50 pm

I sent an email from the back end to the old account. If you receive it, you can find out from the email header where it was sent to.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AMurray » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:33 pm

Can you please - clearly - clarify what account you're talking about:

(1) Your own joomla website administrator account ???
(2) Another forum account you used to use ???
(3) Account for logging onto Extensions.Joomla.org (e.g. for posting extensions, adding reviews etc) ???
(4) Joomla trial - joomla.com ???

There are many different accounts you might have.

I'm still confused over which account you are asking for your details of. I assumed initiallly you meant you were just locked out of your own joomla website but that seems not to be the case.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:01 am

It was the earlier account on this forum. All sorted out.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”