Forum speed performance Topic is solved

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with forum.joomla.org.
sozzled
I've been banned!

Forum speed performance

Post by sozzled » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:44 am

A little more than an hour ago I posted a question on the forum and, to my delight, someone replied. I received the email notification that someone had replied.

However, it took me half an hour to get to the reply; I ran speedtests, I rebooted my PC, I even rebooted the modem. All of the other websites that I usually have open in my browser (e.g. Twitter, GitHub, my favourite news site) were all working fine. It was just forum.joomla.org. The spinning wheel kept spinning; pages were not redirecting; sometimes it was just a blank screen.

Anyway, after spending two minutes reading the reply (and testing it) I wanted to say thank you. Another half an hour.

This is not an isolated instance. This happens regularly at different times of the day. Sometimes the performance is super fast and sometimes it takes 15 minutes or longer. This may only be my personal experience; if other people are having similar difficulties I should like to know.

Thanks in anticipation of a sympathetic reply. :)

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Forum speed performance

Post by toivo » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:22 am

It sounds like a local issue. I have not observed any slowness in Sydney today or during the last month.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:42 am

Fair enough. I'm only saying that it's irregular, occurs at different times, and other internet activity (including email, video streaming and other website browsing) is unaffected. It also occurs like this across several devices. I'm wondering if my user profile has anything to do with it? :D

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:07 pm

I rebooted all the access points on the LAN, to eliminate the possibility of cross-talk, and it seems to have alleviated the situation. It surprised me, though, that the main problems seem to have focused only on this forum. I'll mark the topic as solved and keep my fingers crossed. Because I have thousands of topic subscriptions, I was wondering if this may have been a factor. Thanks for the feedback I received. Cheers. 8)

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by cmbay » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:39 pm

Most of the time I come to this forum using Firefox (currently at version 93) with my ad blocker disabled. The load is always fast. I do note, however, a large number of notices in the console tab of my web developer tool--more than I've seen on any other website.
Charles

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 am

BTW, the latest version of Firefox, v94, displays far more messages in the Console, compared to the latest version of Chrome, v95.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by cmbay » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:14 am

toivo wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 am
BTW, the latest version of Firefox, v94, displays far more messages in the Console, compared to the latest version of Chrome, v95.
I'm sure Firefox will update soon in my Kubuntu Linux system. Opera 80 and Chrome 95 arrived today.
Charles

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”