Call For Participants for Code Sprint

This board is for discussions about joomla.org blog posts.
deleted user

Call For Participants for Code Sprint

Post by deleted user » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the blog post at http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leade ... print.html

alikon
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Call For Participants for Code Sprint

Post by alikon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:01 pm

That's interesting.
I hope a great success for this kind of event
and maybe later could be repeated in other geographic location
Nicola Galgano
i know that i don't know
www.alikonweb.it

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:53 pm

The idea is definitely to do more events. We're using this event and the JUX sprint in the UK to firmly iron out or processes and see how successful these types of events can be and hope to have other events in the future worldwide. We'll also be sharing more about the overall intent of these events and how they can be organized in the future.

Robert_Vining
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Robert_Vining » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Micheal, I know many times now impromptu bug squashing events happen at jdays and jab etc... and turn out to be really successful it seems. It would seem wise to have these types of planned code sprints tied to jdays all the time if a working group or PLT member can attend to organize it. Gives a double meaning to attend the event, and might prove to have some of the same positive results as the bug squashing events do.

Tessa Mero
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Tessa Mero » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Robert, I agree with you as well. Every JDay event should have a known Bug Squashing event.

I was very surprised on how many people showed interest (whether they attended or not) about the JBS and how it does not require coding skills to participate, which is one of the things that scares off most people, would be the words "bug squashing".

Maybe the JBS events at JDays should be "Bug Squashing Event - No Coding Required", or maybe they have already. =)

Tessa Mero
Tessa Mero
JED Team Assistant Manager
Production Leadership Team Member

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Robert_Vining wrote:Micheal, I know many times now impromptu bug squashing events happen at jdays and jab etc... and turn out to be really successful it seems. It would seem wise to have these types of planned code sprints tied to jdays all the time if a working group or PLT member can attend to organize it. Gives a double meaning to attend the event, and might prove to have some of the same positive results as the bug squashing events do.
Sorry I'm a little late to this party, I don't frequent the forums much anymore...

If we can get PLT representatives or others who are highly active with the project but not necessarily in a leadership role to attend more events, that would be a definite possibility. Dianne set aside a room for JBS in Boston the same day we ran an online PBF event and there were quite a few folks who came in throughout the day to see what we were working on and how they might help.

This first set of code sprint events has really been more of a test to see how well they can function, and if the results for Italy and Nashville are anything like the UX sprint in Manchester, expect to see a lot more of them. Tying them in with Joomla events would be icing on the cake at that point.

Return to “Community Blog Discussions”