Blogging in Joomla

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
frankwebpatric
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Blogging in Joomla

Postby frankwebpatric » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 am

Hello Everyone

While researching in various CMS platform I find this forum where many interesting discussion related to Jommla is going on. I am a new blogger and wish to start a blog site. So i am curious to know if Joomla is the right CMS for me starting a blog site. I want to know the pros and cons of this platform while maintaining a Joomla blog site. Is there any expert member who can guide me please ?

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Blogging in Joomla

Postby ranwilli » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 am

frankwebpatric wrote:... I am a new blogger and wish to start a blog site. So i am curious to know if Joomla is the right CMS for me starting a blog site. I want to know the pros and cons of this platform while maintaining a Joomla blog site. ...

Start with this: Joomla is a VERY good platform for any type of website, including a blog.

But you ask if Joomla is the "right CMS for you starting a blog site."

This probably isn't the best place to get an answer to that, because the crowd around here loves Joomla and has so much invested in learning it and finding work-arounds to every issue that might occur, that the sad truth is, we don't know if it's the best or the worst.

I think you'll find strong opinions on the internet in favor of WordPress as the best choice for a blogger. For me, that isn't so because I hate working with WordPress. You must realize, however, that I hate it ONLY because it isn't my familiar old Joomla, and I am forced to look up from my comfort zone and learn something new. Does that mean there's something wrong with WordPress? Not at all.

The good news for you in all this is, you can't go wrong. If you do choose Joomla, there are many resources, including this forum, to help you make your website a success. If you choose something else, they also have good resources.

Best of luck on your venture.
Don't HACK the Joomla! core. Extend and Override.
Stay ON the update path.
http://harpervance.com

frankwebpatric
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Blogging in Joomla

Postby frankwebpatric » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 am

I think your opinion makes perfect sense ! thanks a lot for your time to reply . I hope I can start my Joomla blog very soon :D

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”