Illegal or invalid mime type detected when trying to upload pdf after 3.7.1 upgrade

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
jgbernard
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Illegal or invalid mime type detected when trying to upload pdf after 3.7.1 upgrade

Postby jgbernard » Fri May 19, 2017 5:02 pm

After upgrading to Joomla 3.7.1, I was unable to upload pdf files to my images folder. I got this message: "Illegal or invalid mime type detected". I was able to reinstall my application from a 3.7.0 backup, and I am now able to upload pdf files with this older version of Joomla. Has anyone else had this issue?

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Illegal or invalid mime type detected when trying to upload pdf after 3.7.1 upgrade

Postby abernyte » Fri May 19, 2017 5:10 pm

It appears to be a known issue, to be fixed in 3.7.2 https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/16091
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. Twain

jgbernard
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Illegal or invalid mime type detected when trying to upload pdf after 3.7.1 upgrade

Postby jgbernard » Fri May 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Thank you abernyte.

mikelabadie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby mikelabadie » Sun May 21, 2017 6:41 pm

I had the same issue. I was glad to find your post about it and the reference to it being an issue in 3.7.1 so I contacted my web host who said they were waiting for a stable version of 3.7.1. Frustrating.

However, the web host tech said to try uploading via ftp. Brilliant! No problems whatsoever.

So, while it was a minor inconvenience not to be able to upload in the Admin area, it took mere seconds to do so via ftp. I'm guessing it took you longer to reinstall 3.7.0.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”