Failed to write session data (user) after VM reboot

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x. Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Austre
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Failed to write session data (user) after VM reboot

Postby Austre » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:20 pm

Enviroment
    Debian 8.9
    Apache 2
    PHP 7.0.22
    Joomla 3.7.4

After VM reboot yesterday, my website using Joomla show "Error displaying the error page" at browser and at apache log:

PHP Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (user). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/sessions) in /mysite/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php

I compared configs with another website, hosted in another VM, that was rebooted yesterday too and i didn't got this error. All configs looks like equals. The session.save_path was not changed, so using the default "/tmp".

What should i do to try fix this problem?

Austre
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Failed to write session data (user) after VM reboot

Postby Austre » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Probably the Joomla Global Config Session Handler is set to Database, comparing those two VM that i told.

Austre
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Failed to write session data (user) after VM reboot

Postby Austre » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 pm

After insisting enough, the infrastructure team released me access to the database server and I could see that it was having problems in the network configuration.

After I adjusted the network settings, the site went back to work.

Based on the assumption that Joomla Global Config Session Handler is set to Database, the problem should be at database server. The infrastructure team was swearing that there was no problem with the server.

#solved

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”